Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The Beginning of my Journey

It has been a long, sunny day and we finally found a place to rest for the night. Lennie and I have established here in a small hill next to a lake of water. I couldn’t believe innocent Lennie hopped in the dirty green lake and began to drink from it. I quickly took him out, I didn’t want him to get sick. Along the way I noticed Lennie had a dead mouse, I asked him to hand it to me, but he refused. It took quite a long time, but he finally handed the mouse over. After a while we found a nice place along a sandy river bank. The sun was starting to set from the mountains into the valley, and it was starting to get quite cold.  I sent Lennie into the woods to fetch some wood for the fire. When he came back, he was soaking wet. And what did he have in his hand? The mouse I had thrown. And right before we went to sleep we promised ourselves that one day we'll have a ranch of our own.


“O.K. Someday- we’re gonna get the jack together and we’re gonna have a little house and a couple of acres an’ a cow and some pigs- An’ have rabbits” (Steinbeck 15). This is where I tell Lennie that one day we'll own our own ranch with animals and we finally won't have to worry about looking for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Hunt for Lennie

I saw this coming. Me and the guys are on a hunt to look for Lennie. Lennie is probably  in the riverbed by the woods where I told him to wa...